Thursday, February 3, 2011

Letting go...

Have you ever held on to something or someone just because you were afraid of letting go? I am sure you have...I think we all have. I know I have, on more than one occasion. Usually I hold on to relationships(friends, loves, family ect...) after they are long over. I think I hold on to the dream that maybe it can be what it once was. I am learning that some people are meant to come into your life and they are also meant to leave it. I have found that hanging on too long only ends up making letting go hurt even more. Letting go can be both painful and freeing. The hard part is deciding whats worth holding on to and whats not. A few years ago I was ready to let go of my marriage and today I am so glad I didn't. Slowly I am learning what I need to let go of...

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to figure out getting rid of toxic friends was a good thing. But your are right it is still hard no matter what. <3

    ReplyDelete