Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability | Video on TED.com

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability Video on TED.com

Please take the time to watch this. It is so true, a few years ago I was so afraid of being vulnerable that I wouldn't let anyone in. Instead I hid behind anger, because anger would not make me vulnerable. Slowly I allowed myself to feel more hurt, more happiness, more of everything.To most people I always seemed happy and positive, but inside I was and angry depressed mess. I allowed very few people to know that side of me. In fact there were only two(I hope they know who they are) and with their help I became a different person.They might not even realize the impact they have had on my life and my well being. Slowly the anger and depression drifted away to feeling truly happy.Today, I feel I am a truly wholehearted person. I love, I hurt, I grieve, and I do it all with intensity. I allow more people to see that side of me and I've learned that the people that matter love me anyway. I am a much more lovable person these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment