Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My journey, your journey...

So I had a conversation with my mom this morning that made me think about this journey I call life and how it compares to others. In fact it inspired me to start a blog...for the millionth time lol

We are all on a journey and we all follow a slightly (or extremely!) different path. My path is no better than yours; nor is my path the right path for you to be on. Just as your path is not right for me. Our paths may cross from time to time, or they may even parallel each other, or maybe they will never cross at all. Just because our paths differ doesn't mean we cant be supportive of someone else's path. I know that sometimes we find ourselves on a path that feels so right and so wonderful we want to share it with everyone we meet! This path must be something everyone should follow because imagine how great the world would be if we all felt this great about our life journey! But wait...wouldn't life become awful boring if all walked the same path? How would we learn new things? How would we grow? I don't want to be on the same path as everyone else, but I sure do want to share some of the things I learn along the way.

So how do we share the wonderful things we find and still be mindful of others feelings? We have to try to remember that many people just are not receptive to new ideas, to new way's of thinking.Maybe they are just happy the way they are and don't see any reason to change. Or maybe they know they need to change but just don't know how. Or maybe they are on their own path to change and just want to go at their own pace. Wherever they are, you can share your success's, your ideas in a way that will hopefully open some eyes along the way.

Rather than tell people what you wish they would change about themselves, try telling them what you have changed about you. Explain what you've been doing on your current path, explain how it has changed you. Give them some information, and then let them do what they want with it. Many people will listen and take some of what you give them and apply it to their own lives. Show people by your own example; live your best life and show people what that does for you. Chances are some people will want to join you (if only just a little) on that path.

Remember the only person you can change is you.

Be true to you.
Live simply, Laugh often, Love deeply

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% :-) we all have a path to walk down, but some times those paths are for only one person!

    ReplyDelete