Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Signs from above...

I have always believed that when people leave this earth they send signs to their loved ones still here. I take notice of those signs and find great comfort in them. I know some people so not believe them and that is ok, I believe them and that is what matters to me.

My oldest child has had a few issues with being a minor in possession of alcohol(MIP). Just before his 21st birthday in Oct of last year he received his third MIP which violated his probation from a previous MIP. So in February he had to serve five days in jail in Ellensburg WA, which is a 3 hour drive from my house. I drove him there on a Friday and waited with him until they took him to book in. Then I walked out to my van and I cried. All the worst thoughts went through my head, a mother does not want to take their child to jail. As I drove away tears continued to fall...I looked ahead and I noticed two rainbows. They were big and bright and beautiful and I suddenly felt as though things would be ok. I picked my son up after he had served his time and brought him home. We got home and me and him and his brothers were sitting on the couch talking about his jail time. I looked out my living room window and there were two beautiful bright rainbows...and I knew...I absolutely knew it was a sign from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment