Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19th 2008

This was the day my dad told me he had lung cancer. I will never forget that day as it was the day before my birthday. My dad was in a terrible dilemma, he had just found out about his diagnosis and it was the day before my birthday. What should he do? How could he possibly wait until after my birthday to tell us...yet he knew telling me that day would likely make my birthday less enjoyable. I am glad he made the decision to tell me that day and he did not try to pretend all was well until after my birthday. This is my first birthday without my dad, I miss him so much. Last year he was so sick but he wanted to buy me a special gift. He had hoped to go shopping with me at his favorite little store in the town he lived but he could hardly get out of bed. So he told me to go and pick something...I bought a beautiful birdhouse. He gave me a card and told me how was lucky to have a daughter like me. The card makes me cry because his writing was so shaky...

I miss you Dad <3

No comments:

Post a Comment